Filter Capital, a technology-focused growth investment firm based in India, has announced the successful final close of its first fund – Filter Capital India Fund I at a total corpus of 800 crores ($97 million).

Filter Capital said in a statement on Monday that it has received capital commitments from a diverse investor base, with 60 percent originating from domestic sources and the remaining 40 percent from international investors. Leading

Indian institutional investors and family offices such as HDFC Fund of Funds, HDFC AMC, SIDBI, SRI Fund, Oister Global, DSP family office, Akash Prakash, the founder of Amansa Capital, and Harsh Jain, the Chief Executive Officer of Dream11 have committed to the fund.

Filter Capital is a growth investment firm that partners with India’s tech entrepreneurs from inflection point to industry leadership.

The fund targets opportunities in software as a service (SaaS) and tech services where companies are expanding from India into regional and global markets, as well as technology-led businesses in consumer, financial, and business services, where companies are harnessing special demographics spanning Indian consumers and businesses.

Filter Capital will focus on leading/co- leading Series B and C rounds.

The firm’s Co-founders Nitin Nayar and Sumit Sinha each have nearly two decades of private equity investment experience.

They have worked together for over eight years with a successful track record helping build technology leaders in India.

They joined hands to leverage this collective expertise to build Filter Capital into a leading growth investment firm focused on technology-led businesses in India.

“Over the coming decade, technology’s impact on the consumer and business activity in India will be tremendous,

“Our country has a vibrant start-up ecosystem and an active venture capital (VC) community to support early-stage businesses as well as deep public markets and private equity to support more mature companies,” said Nitin Nayar, Co-founder and Managing Partner, Filter Capital.

However, he noted there are few investment firms focused on helping today’s breakout technology companies to become tomorrow’s industry leaders.

“This is the opportunity for Filter Capital. We are privileged to partner with a sophisticated and experienced group of investors who are aligned with our vision to build a leading technology-centric growth investment platform in India,” he added.

Sumit Sinha, Filter Capital Co-founder and Managing Partner, said that they seek to partner with capable entrepreneurs whose businesses have reached an inflection point and are poised for rapid growth.

“We are attracted to business models with clear product-market fit, competitive differentiation, and robust unit economics,

“Through our capital, networks, and expertise, we can help our portfolio companies scale and build enduring businesses,” he added.

According to the statement, the fund has so far invested over 30 percent of its corpus across four investments in SaaS, consumer technology, and business to business (B2B) services.

The firm’s current portfolio companies include Capillary Technologies, an enterprise loyalty SaaS provider, Chalo Mobility, a bus mobility platform, LoadShare Networks, an e-commerce logistics services firm, and THB, an Asia-focused healthcare enterprise SaaS company.

India’s SingleInterface raises $30M in funding led by Asia Partners